Many women love being pregnant and experiencing the physical changes their bodies go through to form new life.
Unfortunately, not every mothers body snaps back to its pre-pregnancy shape and tone after childbirth, even with
diligent exercise and healthy eating habits. Our Southern California board certified plastic surgeons have helped
hundreds of moms erase the after-effects of pregnancy and breastfeeding through our customized
mommy makeover procedures.
Good candidates for a mommy makeover are women who:
- Consume a healthy diet
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
- Do not smoke or drink excessive amounts of alcohol
- Are finished having children
- Have a dependable support system to help during post-surgery recovery
The Mommy Makeover Procedure
A mommy makeover is a common term used today to describe a group of cosmetic procedures that can help
women reshape, lift, and tighten problem areas in the abdomen, breasts, hips and thighs. The female body
undergoes numerous changes during pregnancy–many of which are extremely difficult to reverse afterwards.
The mommy makeover is designed to address these changes, providing women with the beautiful, natural-looking
feminine curves they had before having children. It is a way for women to enjoy being mothers without having to
completely sacrifice their bodies.
The most common procedures involved in a mommy makeover are:
- A tummy tuck to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen while tightening the underlying abdominal muscles.
- Breast enhancement to raise sagging breasts with a breast lift or to increase breast size with silicone or saline implants.
- Liposuction to spot-reduce stubborn body fat that is resistant to diet and exercise.
Recovery will vary from patient to patient depending on the procedures performed for your mommy makeover. You may choose to perform these procedures together as a single surgery or spread them out over time as multiple sessions.
Mommy Makeover Results
Women who undergo a mommy makeover with Dr. Kolder are thrilled with their results. Getting back the body they had before having children often has a significantly positive impact on women’s lives moving forward. This surgery allows women to be both a mother and to have a body they can feel confident about.
Mommy Makeover Next Steps
If you are unhappy with your post-baby body and would like to learn more about beginning your own mommy makeover, please contact us
to schedule a free cosmetic consultation.